Tuesday, February 1, 2011

We Don't Want To Wait.

Apple started their "App Store" for software downloads last month.  I'm not talking about the apps you use for your iPod Touch,  your iPad, etc.  I'm talking about for your computer.  It's sweet, let me tell you about it.

I'll quote from the Apple site:  "No more boxes, no more disks, no more time-consuming installation.  Click once to download and install any app on your Mac."

This is why I love it.  I've been there, you probably have too.  When an update to software comes out, I'd order it online, wait for days for it to come and it finally arrives.  Then after installing it, decide where to put the discs...store them forever, then eventually, years later...throw them away.

Now, no waiting for the install discs.  I can simply go to the App Store and download what I need.  No waiting.

I'm curious if the new OS will work this way?  It's supposed to come out this summer.  I wonder if it will be too big?

I really see this sort of process how it probably should and will happen for all types of software...PC and Mac.

Oh yeah, what's even better...I can now get Angry Birds on my Mac.  How bad can that be?!  

To get the App Store on your Mac, you must be running at least 10.6 or higher.  If you have an earlier version, time to upgrade.  After upgrading, what you see in your dock, is an App Store icon.  It's blue with and A in it.


Enjoy...and happy shopping!







No comments: