Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I Love the New iPod Touch...oh yah, and FLAT STANLEY (ALLIE)

I love the new iPod Touch.  There, I said it.  I'm not afraid!

As you may recall, after receiving the new iPod Touch I fired my Flip video camera.

Well, I had the chance to use it to help out a classroom that my daughter is in.  They are doing the ever-popular Flat Stanley project.  If you aren't familiar with Flat Stanley, he's shipped around the world and it's a lot of fun.  My daughter's class are using themselves for the project.  So "Flat Allie" made the trip with me to a conference I was presenting at in Savannah, GA.

I used the iPod Touch to record some of the various places I visited.  Next I used the iMovie app to edit and share the video.

I couldn't get over how easy it was to record, edit, and share...using this tiny device.  I think about what the process used to be:  Drag around a camera, battery might be charged...and it might not, find a tape, upon filming I had to get the chord, upload it to my computer, edit on the computer...then share.

NOW I do all of this with ONE TINY DEVICE.  Not to mention I have access to my email, photos, apps, music, internet (in a wireless environment).

My mind goes to the classroom.  How easy it would be for students to record and share their learning...if they have access to these devices.

The last video is Flat Allie with Eric Crouch, former Nebraska Heisman Trophy winner.  He was really a great sport to participate.  He understood...he said his daughter did this too.

I had a blast taking Flat Allie everywhere I went.  



No comments: