Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Christmas...in September!

Originally upon ordering the new iPod Touch, I received an estimated time of shipping as September 24th.  Well,  after checking the tracking online this morning, I will have it in my hands this afternoon.  That's earlier than expected and I'm glad to have received this news.

What I'll do with it first:  Well, open it of course.  Duh?  I mean, after that!  I plan on immediately trying out the video camera, then Facetime.  You know that Facetime will only talk with other devices using Facetime.  In other words, unless you have an iPhone or an friend with an iPhone OR a friend with a new iPod Touch...Facetime won't do much.  So, I ordered 2 iPod Touches.  I will probably have Facetime with myself, unless I can talk someone into using the other iPod Touch!?  I'm thinking it may not be a problem handing the other one off...and letting them use it as well.

OK...back to what I was saying.  I will want to try the camera and the ability to edit right on the iPod.  Apple has blessed the iPod Touch with the ability to edit using, I'm sure, a little watered down version of iMovie.  The iMovie app does cost $4.99 but having not even seen it, I'm pretty sure it's worth it.  Last, but not least, I'm curious how easy it is to share the video.  After reading, it appears to either go to MobileMe gallery, email, or on YouTube.  Again, I'll keep you posted.

Is it wrong...that as I'm typing this, I'm wondering if the UPS guy is here yet.  They said he comes after lunch...and it is 12:58 Central time.  Shouldn't he be here?

I'm going to check.

Stay tuned because I'm going to use it right away and see if I can't get something posted to share.

1 comment:

Linda Peters said...

Wow Corey, you are first one I that I know of that has the new iPod Touch! Please keep us posted and Merry Christmas!!!